Our Library of Resources
Clearances must initially be valid within one year of becoming involved with this organization. In accordance with organization policy, clearances must then be updated every two years as involvement continues.
1) PA Child Abuse History Clearance (one free check for volunteers every 5 years)
- Go to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- Select “Create Individual Account.”
- Follow the instructions for processing your request.
- Print two copies. Submit one to AIM to Empower and keep one for your records.
2) State Police Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History (PATCH) Record (free for volunteers)
3) Go to https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Select “New Record Check (volunteers only)”
- Accept the terms and select “Individual Request.” Follow the instructions for processing your request.
- Check your results: sometimes it comes back right away with “no record,” other times you have to wait and check the status later.
- When your status updates to “no record,” print two copies. Submit one to AIM to Empower and keep the second copy.
Our Current Programs
with the Practice of Yoga
A.I.M. to Empower builds community through partnerships. We take yoga outside of the studio and bring it to organizations of all age groups that serve education, mental health, prison systems, addiction recovery, youth intervention, teen parenting, transitional housing, and so much more. If you’d like to see what we can bring to your community, please reach out.
Get Involved & Volunteer
Are you moved by the results of providing yoga to all members of our community? Do you have a skillset that might help to move our mission forward? Volunteer work is another essential aspect of A.I.M. to Empower. Volunteer as a yoga guide or to help with fundraising events.