Clearances must initially be valid within one year of becoming involved with this organization. In accordance with organization policy, clearances must then be updated every two years as involvement continues.
1) PA Child Abuse History Clearance (one free check for volunteers every 5 years)
- Go to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- Select “Create Individual Account.”
- Follow the instructions for processing your request.
- Print two copies. Submit one to AIM to Empower and keep one for your records.
2) State Police Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History (PATCH) Record (free for volunteers)
3) Go to https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Select “New Record Check (volunteers only)”
- Accept the terms and select “Individual Request.” Follow the instructions for processing your request.
- Check your results: sometimes it comes back right away with “no record,” other times you have to wait and check the status later.
- When your status updates to “no record,” print two copies. Submit one to AIM to Empower and keep the second copy.